dimarts, 11 de maig del 2010

My English progress from 2008-2010

- Compare your first written document and your last composition:
Well in my case, I feel that I can’t really see a big difference between my first and last composition because when I started last year, I feel that I already had a good level of English, but of course I have improved in some things. I used to take longer to write before because I really didn’t know how to start or follow sentences the way I wanted to but thanks to all of the compositions I have had to do, I have been able to gain experience that has helped me to bust my confidence when I wrote down. Secondly, I think that the connectors we have used this year have really helped me to improve my writing skills and I do try to use them as often as possible. I think that they’re great! Someone that uses connectors really impresses other people and shows them that they know how to handle that language very well!

- Compare your first oral presentation and your final oral presentation:
In this case I can see a great difference! It was just dreadful to watch my first oral presentation video. First of all, let’s start with the negatives of my 1st oral and then try to see the improvement and development that has been happening until now. Firstly, I was so nervous and shaking like a leaf, I would not dear to look at my class mates and I would only look at the teacher every now and again... I was very nervous so my voice used to tremble and my hand movements weren’t very convincing. Secondly, my language was ok but I did not use connectors. The words I used were standard and I could of used better and more technical words, but I was scared because I wanted everybody to understand what I was saying. Finally, the presentation with the PowerPoint was good but I have been improving because its use has become very frequent. On the one hand, I can say that this past has helped me to boost my confidence right up! I’m not that nervous anymore, I do make good gestures and eye contact, I use adequate words and connectors... I have achieved a lot of good stuff and ideas! This has prepared me for future orals, job interviews... I’m very pleased!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada