dimecres, 24 de febrer del 2010

Cooking time!

My mum not long ago showed me how to make a typical English diner, “Actually she’s showed me how to make “Quick Shepherd’s Pie” and we call it like this because it’s a faster and easier way to cook this meal... I’m starting to learn to cook because soon I’ll be living all alone!



So here we have the ingredients we need to use:
- ½ pack of lamb or mince meat
- 1 pack of “Bisto” to make gravy
- 6 medium potatoes and latter on mash them
- ½ cup of water
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheese to put on top of the mashed potatoes
- Finally, 2 teaspoons of butter

Now I’ll write down more or less the instructions you have to follow to cook it:
1) First of all, preheat the oven to 180ºC for at least 20 minutes.
2) Secondly, we have to put the mince meat and the ½ of water in the pan and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3) Boil the potatoes for at least 10 minutes and after mash them up and mix in with butter to prevent it of drying up.
4) While the mince meat is simmering we have to add the contents of the packet “Bisto” into the meat. Introduce salt and pepper.
5) Now we can poor the mince meat into the bottom of the casserole dish and after that we’ll put the mashed potatoes on top of the mince meat, covering the whole thing up. We sprinkle the grated cheese on top to give it more flavour.
6) Finally we put it in the oven for at least 20-25 minutes until the top of the Shepherd’s pie is browned.

If anyone wants to try a typical English meal, follow these instructions!
I recommend this dish to anyone, especially the ones that are going to London soon!

Good day!

3 comentaris:

  1. mmmmmmmm. I'm sure it's delicious. And if you have a speedy recipe, worth trying! :-) thanks for sharing, Robin

    ResponElimina
  2. wow it looks really good Robin! We'll look for it in London, don't doubt about it!lool see you!:)

    ResponElimina
  3. Wow, I'm surprised by knowing that you are learning to cook. I can only make few things, but I'm also trying to learn some dishes to prepare when I live alone. Well, it can take a long time until I do. xD
    Kisses,
    Katy.

    ResponElimina