diumenge, 8 de novembre del 2009

ALL TIME SONG!

Today I would like to present to all of you one of my favourite songs of all time:
Metallica - Nothing else matters.

I have chosen to show you this song because I personally think that its one of the best composed songs so far. When I listen and read the words of this song my feelings become alive and I get emotional. I suddenly go back in time and remember all those good times I had when I was a child but also all the bad times or the hard times I had to go through to become what I am now.
What this song is trying to transmit to us is that you should live your life the best you can and let go of all your troubles and your surroundings.
This song has really helped me in the past to overcome my fears of life and just go for what I really want and not to be afraid because what’s coming has to come eventually and the best thing to do is to deal with it.
We could say that this song written by Metallica has been until now a role model that I have followed to pull through the hard times and the ones to come.

Life is ours, we live it our way

Here are the lyrics of the song:

Metallica – Nothing else matters

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do
never cared for what they know
but I know

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do
never cared for what they know
but I know

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us, something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters

never cared for what they say
never cared for games they play
never cared for what they do
never cared for what they know
and I know

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
No, nothing else matters

Here we have a video of the song, live!

2 comentaris:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Nothing else matters is also one of my favourites songs!;)
    I love the lyrics. It also gives me the power to continue, but it's true that it transmits you some sad feelings.
    It's great what you say about dealing with our fears... but it's hard sometimes.

    Bye!x
    Marta.

    ResponElimina
  2. Hi Rob,
    as I see you really like Metallica,and I do also. And like Marta said, it is also one of my favourite songs. But, for me it expresses such sad feelings, because of the rythm, the voice, ...
    I'm going to listen to it now!
    See you!

    Katy.

    ResponElimina